Verstappen claims journalist he threw out of press conference had “laughed at me” – RaceFans | Motorsport
Max Verstappen has renewed his criticism of a journalist he threw out of a press conference at the beginning of the Japanese Grand Prix weekend. The Red Bull driver told Giles Richards to leave his media session on Thursday. Verstappen claimed The Guardian’s Formula 1 correspondent “laughed at me” when he put a question to him at the Abu Dhabi…
Charles Leclerc: ‘Cannot stand’ new qualifying rules after mistake costs him on straight | Motorsport
Laurence EdmondsonMar 28, 2026, 04:52 AM ET Close • Joined ESPN in 2009• An FIA accredited F1 journalist since 2011 Multiple Authors Charles Leclerc vented his frustration at Formula 1’s new rules after a mistake in qualifying at the Japanese Grand Prix upset his power unit’s energy deployment and cost him dear. The Ferrari driver qualified fourth at Suzuka, over 0.6 seconds…
Dan Ticktum says Formula 1 risks identity crisis as unpopular new era engine rules backfire
Formula E driver Dan Ticktum has questioned the direction of Formula 1 as the sport moves deeper into its new electrified rabbit hole, warning the pinnacle of the sport risks losing its core identity. Outspoken and often controversial, Ticktum weighed in on the state of Formula 1 in the wake of Max Verstappen likening the new era of overly complex…
Russell was ‘frustrated and angry’ during Williams years, and more – RaceFans | Motorsport
Welcome to Saturday’s edition of the RaceFans round-up. Happy birthday! Happy birthday to Casanova, LazerFX, Macca, The Genuine Jim and Marc Ferring! On this day in motorsport The beginning of a season-long fight: Lewis Hamilton led Max Verstappen home today in 2021 Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and go ad-free read more www.racefans.net
A points scoring performance for Pepe Martí at his first Formula E home race
Ahead of the 2026 CUPRA Raval Madrid E-Prix, Spanish driver, Pepe Marti, declared that it would “mean the world” to win his home race, but was determined just to “focus on every session” and not let it get to his head. The Inaugural Madrid E-Prix welcomed His Majesty King Felipe VI of Spain to the sell-out event. King Felipe VI’s…
Nick Cassidy: Nick Cassidy opens up on maiden pole with Citroen Racing at Madrid E-Prix: “A win, a podium, a pole…” | Formula – E News
Nick Cassidy won pole in Madrid E-Prix qualifying race. (Image credit: Formula E) Nick Cassidy secured the maiden pole for the new Formula E team, Citroen Racing, during qualifying at the Madrid E-Prix last weekend. However, the Kiwi driver was unable to capitalise on it in the Round 6 race, where he made contact with Nissan’s Norman Nato and ended…
Has ‘super clipping’ really killed F1’s fast corners? Suzuka speeds analysed – RaceFans | Motorsport
If the first race under Formula 1’s new regulations gave a glimpse of some of their shortcomings, Suzuka was always going to expose them more clearly. The fears drivers would no longer be challenged by the quickest corners on one of F1’s most demanding tracks appear to have been realised. One of them, Alexander Albon, said he feels F1 no…
Idris Elba: Cupra Kiro co-owner Idris Elba backs Dan Ticktum after strong showing in Madrid: “He’s going to get there” | Formula – E News
Idris Elba at Madrid E-Prix. (Image credit: Formula E) Cupra Kiro co-owner Idris Elba was present at the Circuito del Jarama when both team drivers, Dan Ticktum and Pepe Marti, scored points in the Madrid E-Prix final held last week. The Hollywood veteran was delighted with the result, particularly Marti, who was racing in his home country and finished ninth….
Max Verstappen: Red Bull has ‘big problems’ with F1 car, no ‘easy fix’ | Motorsport
Laurence EdmondsonMar 27, 2026, 05:52 AM ET Close • Joined ESPN in 2009• An FIA accredited F1 journalist since 2011 Multiple Authors Max Verstappen has said Red Bull is still encountering “big problems” with its car after two difficult Friday practice sessions ahead of the Japanese Grand Prix. Verstappen was 10th fastest in second practice and 1.4 seconds off Oscar Piastri’s fastest…
‘Bouncing was a nightmare – except for Red Bull’ – RaceFans | Motorsport
Lewis Hamilton says Formula 1’s new regulations have changed the series for the better as teams no longer have to cope with ‘bouncing’. The previous rules gave teams more freedom to shape their floors in a way which generated downforce. However this often led to problems with ‘bouncing’, where the cars repeatedly struck the ground at high speed, causing severe…
Evans and Cocks take home ABB Engineered to Outrun Award in Madrid
A Mitch Evans masterclass secured the Jaguar TCS Racing driver and his engineer Alan Cocks the ABB Engineered to Outrun Award at the CUPRA Raval Madrid E-Prix. Being the second driver in a team one-two finish is always slightly bittersweet but given Evans started this race back in 16th, finishing second behind Antonio Felix da Costa was a result and…
2026 Japanese Grand Prix practice in pictures – RaceFans | Motorsport
Pictures from practice for the 2026 Japanese Grand Prix at Suzuka. Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and go ad-free Gabriel Bortoleto, Audi, Suzuka, 2026 Valtteri Bottas, Cadillac, Suzuka, 2026 Isack Hadjar, Red Bull, Suzuka, 2026 Gabriel Bortoleto, Audi, Suzuka, 2026 Isack Hadjar, Red Bull, Suzuka, 2026 Max Verstappen, Isack Hadjar, Red Bull, Suzuka, 2026 Andrea Kimi Antonelli, Mercedes, Suzuka,…
Front plank wear a concern for teams at Suzuka, and more – RaceFans | Motorsport
Welcome to Friday’s edition of the RaceFans round-up. Social media and links Technical brief: Suzuka (Williams) ‘The new regulations define only two straight-line mode (SLM) zones; the start/finish straight and the run between turns 14 and 15, both of which are active in wet and dry conditions. The lack of (Straight Line Mode) into turns 13 and 16 will require…
KTR slams Congress on Formula-E case chargesheet revival
ANI | Updated: Mar 25, 2026 23:09 IST New Delhi [India], March 25 (ANI): Bharat Rashtra Samithi (BRS) working president KT Rama Rao (KTR) on Thursday criticised the Congress for “projecting” a Rs 49 crore bank transfer to put Hyderabad on World Formula E racing as a “scam.” Calling the party “Scamgress”, he stressed that the BRS was only focused…
Mitch Evans: Mitch Evans on keeping Dan Ticktum at bay at Madrid E-Prix: “I was very frustrated in the car” | Formula – E News
Mitch Evans finished second at Madrid E-Prix. (Image credit: Instagram) Mitch Evans secured his third podium of the season in Madrid, finishing second at the Circuito del Jarama. He was beaten by his Jaguar TCS Racing teammate Antonio Felix da Costa, as the team opted to allow Da Costa to take the win. Evans has now revealed that he was…
Winners and Losers from an exciting Madrid E-Prix
Formula E experienced a surreal weekend around the Circuito del Jarama, with a tricky qualifying in the wet giving way to a thrilling 23-lap race that was decided all the way in the final sequence of corners. DIVEBOMB delves into the winners and losers from Jarama…. Credit: Jed Leicester/LAT Images Winners: Jaguar It would be impossible to leave Spain without…
Verstappen’s overreaction shows he knows he cost himself the 2025 title – RaceFans | Motorsport
Max Verstappen caused a stir in his press conference at Suzuka today by insisting one journalist be thrown out before answering any questions. Had someone deliberately misquoted or misrepresented him? Invaded his privacy, or his family’s? Accused him of cheating? No, the journalist – Giles Richards of The Guardian – had merely asked Verstappen a question he did not like….
Opel GSE Formula E Team: Milestone in Electric Racing
Opel will enter an Opel GSE Formula E Team in the ABB FIA Formula E World Championship this season, officially announced by Opel CEO, Florian Huettl, and Formula E CEO, Jeff Dodds, at a press conference at the Spanish circuit of Jarama. (Photo: Stellanis/Opel) Opel is writing a new chapter in its long and successful motorsport history, taking its commitment…
Max Verstappen ejects journalist from media session over 2025 F1 title question | Motorsport
Laurence EdmondsonMar 26, 2026, 03:54 AM ET Close • Joined ESPN in 2009• An FIA accredited F1 journalist since 2011 Multiple Authors SUZUKA, JAPAN — Max Verstappen demanded a journalist leave his news conference ahead of the Japanese Grand Prix due to a question they asked at last year’s Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. The four-time world champion refused to start his media…
